After the great night we had in Burlington doin’ our Cow-Pony thang at B-Town Sounds at Echo Veterans Memorial Park (thanks, everyone!), we are more psyched than ever to swing farther East to play at George’s Tavern. We’ve been looking forward to performing at George’s a loooong time, and now it’s here!
Located at 1202 North Main Street in bee-yoo-tee-full downtown Racine (and near the Marina and the Riverfront) George’s Tavern was founded in 1946 and today is known for its fab food and live music scene.
We’ll be playing three sets, starting at 9 p.m. and ending at 12 midnight. We got our Cow Ponies originals, our summer-festival-tested-and-approved covers, and we’ll be layin’ some of our newest stuff on ya too. No cover! Come early and grab yerself a Po’ Boy, a burger, or some chili and sumthin’ great to drink with it, and come kick it with us in Racine!
George’s Tavern on Facebook
George’s Tavern on the Web
Another band, another lifetime, we had the good fortune of playing at the Waterford River Rhythms summer concert series in Waterford, Wisconsin. The three of us from that band who are in TCP now remember it fondly: the great crowd, gorgeous setting right along the Fox River, and top-notch sound crew.
THIS THURSDAY, July 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m., we are so very happy to be playing for the same folks, except this time in B-Town Sounds, beautiful Burlington, Wisconsin’s Summer Concert Series.
Every week of the series a different brewery is featured. This week, it’s Chicago’s Goose Island Beer Company. As we speak, TCP has some Old Man Grumpy in their fridge. We make a great pair.
Here are some FAQs from B-Town Sounds about their Summer Concert Series:
B-Town Sounds is a free, OUTDOOR concert event in beautiful Echo Veterans Memorial Park. We do have some recommendations for being prepared:
- Bug spray, sunscreen, blankets/sweaters, and your own chair are all highly recommended to be as comfortable as possible. Being right on Echo Lake the weather can turn from warm and sunny to cool and breezy in a hurry! Public provided seating is also very limited and gets filled quickly.
- You may always bring your own food and beverages, however The Brat Stand is on hand with grilled food and cold refreshments if you leave your cooler at home! Additionally, our friends at Rice’s Liquor will have a different craft brewery at every show sampling and selling beers for patrons of the proper age with ID until 8:00PM. All food and beverage sales are cash only.
- Our most commonly asked question is about dogs: according to municipal code, dogs are not allowed in City parks. We recommend leaving furry friends at home, unfortunately.
- Parking spaces are available at Veteran’s Terrace and the auxiliary lot across the street, as well as any municipal lot/garage or street spots downtown. There is no charge for parking or admission.
- We try as hard as we can to be a rain or shine event. Weather can be unpredictable and we will always announce on this page and on the day’s event page by 4:00PM the day of if the show cannot continue that night.
See you this Thursday, lovelies! xo
We are very happy and proud to be part of the 2018 Music in the Glen Free Summer Concert Series.
Our show is THIS WED., 7-8:30 p.m. in The Richard E. Maslowski Community Park (2200 W. Bender Rd.) in beautiful Glendale, Wisconsin. Look for free parking on the street and in the parking lot west of the Amphitheater.
Beer, soda, snacks, and food are available at the Sprecher Brewing Outdoor Oasis. Hearty thanks to MITG and our sponsor, Silver Spring House.
And did we say “free”? IT’S FREE!
Would luv 2 CU! xo
Music in the Glen on Facebook
Music in the Glen on the Web
The Cow Ponies @ MITG
Tune in this Saturday, July 7, to “Sessions with Sandy” on
Riverwest Radio WXRW-LP 104.1 FM when The Cow Ponies
play acoustic versions of cuts from our debut CD, “Easy to Fall,”
plus some new stuff we’re working on.
The show’ll feature John Graham on guitar; Tom T on acoustic
bass; Robin Graham on percussion; and all three of us on vocals.
Throughout the one-hour show, which runs 6:30-7:30 p.m., we’ll
also be chatting with host Sandy Weisto about music and life,
including some of our upcoming shows, a few side projects, and
a new EP.
To tune in to Riverwest Radio:
• Dial your radio to WXRW 104.1 FM
• Tell Alexa, “Play Riverwest Radio on TuneIn”
• Use the TuneIn radio app
• Stream Riverwest Radio live at www.riverwestradio.com/live
Hearty thanks to Sandy for having us; we are really looking forward
to it. See you on the airwaves, lovelies! xo